Cosmetic Product Registration in Mexico - Overview
The Mexican cosmetics market is one of the top revenue grossers across the globe. With the growing demand for cosmetic products among the country’s youth, the Mexican market projection directs a rise in demand for Cosmetic Products.
There is no requirement for cosmetic product registration or cosmetic notification (cosmetic registration in Mexico) with the Federal Commission for Protection against Sanitary Risks (COFEPRIS Mexico) prior to the commercialization of Cosmetics in Mexico. Nevertheless, it is necessary to ensure meeting Regulatory compliance requirements. Therefore, challenges pertaining to formulation and label compliance, including cosmetic labeling requirements and product claims, should be addressed in the early stages. For the sale and distribution of cosmetic products in Mexico, foreign manufacturers must appoint a Local Representative/Legal Representative (LR) to obtain notice of operation and import permit cosmetic license registration from the COFEPRIS.
With a dedicated global delivery center in Mexico, Freyr has a strong foothold in handling cosmetic product regulations. Freyr assists cosmetic product manufacturers by providing Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services as per the Mexican Health Authority (HA) that can direct them in making product choices suitable to local interests. Freyr’s other Regulatory offerings for cosmetic products in Mexico (cosmetic registration in Mexico) includes a Notice of Operation, Cosmetic Formulation Review, Reviewing the Labeling of cosmetic Products, Cosmetic Claims Review, and getting an Import Permit for products’ continued compliance.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Mexico - Freyr Expertise
- Cosmetic product classification.
- Cosmetic formulation review/cosmetic ingredient review.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Cosmetic labeling review as per the Mexican cosmetic regulations.
- Application for notice of operation.
- Application for an import permit.
- Consulting with the Mexico health authority COFEPRIS (COFEPRIS certification).
- Cosmetics Legal Representation services.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Mexico - Freyr Advantages
- Strategic Mexican Health Authority contacts to accelerate uncomplicated Mexico cosmetic registration.
- Local presence in Mexico as per Mexican cosmetic regulation.
- Expert Regulatory team with proven global RA expertise along with in-depth Mexico cosmetic regulation Knowledge.
- Proactive and collaborative approach for effective Mexican cosmetic registration.
- Cost-effective services.
- Quick turnaround and faster time-to-market.